Migration will begin when the SG occupancy exceeds the high threshold and
continue until less than the SG low threshold, or no additional datasets are
eligible for migration.
This is subject to additional constraints specified in the MGMTCLAS for
migration eligibility.

IMO your low thresholds are "too low" causing "thrashing" (needless
migration/recall of dataset due to interval migration), which will compound the
. Your high thresholds seem pretty good.

As presented, every migration "empties" the pool, and dataset reference fills
it back up.

There is an art to setting thresholds. A thorough analysis, taking into
consideration the MGMTCLAS(s), STORGRP(s), thresholds, relative data set sizes,
and reference patterns needs to occur.

HTH,

<snip>
I have a problem with a SMS managed storage pool which is increasing quite
rapidly.  In this pool there is no ML2 migration .  We have Auto Migrate & Auto
Backup turned on and INTERVAL MIGRATION.

Below is the THRESHOLD which we are using for this pool.

Allocation/migration Threshold :     High . . 75  (1-99)  Low  . . 3   (0-99)
Alloc/Migr Threshold Track-Managed:  High . . 85  (1-99)  Low  . . 1   (0-99)

If I lowered the THRESHOLD would that help and free up some space?
</snip>