This is with reference to RMF Report analysis regarding MVS Busy and LPAR
Busy parameter ...

Attached is the RMF Report.

Almost everyday we are facing CPU Contetion issues.

>From the report we can infer tht for most of the intervals there were 100%
CPU Contention however is it possible to get exact reason for the CPU
Contenction from RMF Report ??

Wht could be the reasons for CPU contention ?

Are there any performance related parameters which need to consider while
analysing these RMF reports ??

I heard some MVS performance parameters like ratio of LPAR to MVS Busy (by
Peter Enrico) can anyone send me any reference material (by Peter Enrico) in
tht regard ??

For some intervals ther is MVS Busy is 100 % where as LPAR Busy is < 100%.
Can we say tht thr is requirement of upgradation of CPU on the basis of
these RMF Reports ??

We have 2 CICS regions out of which one CICS region uses C++ programmin
while other uses COBOL programmin recently it has been observed tht COBOL
CICS region is hoggin the CPU and which in turn affects C++ CICS region.

Under what conditions we can say tht there is requirement of CPU Upgradation
??

what should be the policy of organisation for S/390 CPU Upgradation ?

Jacky