On 1/7/2012 2:31 PM, Ed Gould wrote:
constant zap issue. I can't remember of ever having the issue
with IBM as they send out module replacement (thanks!)
I feel its important to maintain the IDR to find out what level
the module is at. With the vendor I spoke of it was somewhat of
an issue at times.
That is why I am a strong supporter of module replacement and
zaps are for emergency fixes only.

I've had the issue with IBM modules a long, long time ago. Assuming ZAPs are sequential, I prefer putting an identifier, APAR or whatever, into the eyeball text at the beginning of the module. That way I can see in a dump how it's been updated, rather than having to run a report.

Module replacements take more effort and disk space, so ZAPs are closer to being green <g>

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT