Shmuel Metz , Seymour J. wrote:

<snip>

It's sort of like when IBM responds to a SHARE
requirement with the words "future design consideration" --- you just
don't believe it is really going to happen.

Why? I know of one that IBM implemented after rejecting it.

This is not terribly unusual. Many requirements are rejected on the basis that we'll probably never get to them, even if they're good ideas. This is often because the cost of changing the code appears to put the item out of reach for the foreseeable future when compared to other things that are higher in priority. But sometimes opportunities to open up the code arise for some unrelated reason and we wind up being able to accommodate the request after it's been rejected. (I know I did this in a ServerPac design or two.)

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing