Question posed by me late last week with latest status below.

>We are running z/OS V1R6 with Host-on-Demand V7 running within the HTTP
>Server. We have noticed that the HTTP Server will just stop dispatching
>tasks. After a while it will return to normal and go for many hours before
>doing it again (already recycled it a few times). Needless to say the HOD
>users think the system is down, blow themselves off their session and try
>to get back on with CICS not knowing they left. T'is ugly.

The resolution to this is not final but things are again working. The HTTP
Server has a setting for "maxthreads" which set at the default of 40. Seems
each time things stop it has gotten to 39. IBM's recommendation is to bump
this to 200 for the HTTP Manager setting and 40 for the HTTP Server (we
choose 100). Along with this HOD was set to timeout after 10 minutes of
inactivity of some sort; based upon Red Book guidance of some years ago.
IBM said to drop it down to 30 secs. It seems if a user closes the browser
without terminating HOD, then it hangs onto the thread. Indeed the HTTP
Server is only used to download HOD and also if HOD HELP is needed. We made
the adjustments on the fly and everything is working fine.

Jim Marshall