Sam Knutson said;

> Novell's New CTO/EVP Mulls 2006 Linux Strategy LinuxPlanet -
> Darien,CT,USA ... Over the years, he observed, the "fundamental
> computing paradigm" has shifted from MVS, to Unix, and then to
> Microsoft Windows. ... "Linux is the next big opportunity.
>
> HUH?
>
> I missed that shift...  I must have been too busy still getting work
> done with MVS:-)

Take that with the appropriate sized grain of salt, but more and more
things are going to start showing up on Linux. Ubiquity and cost are
good reasons to favor Linux as the server of choice for -managing- IT
resources. CCL is just the tip of the iceberg.

As Jim Porell says; z/OS is deaf and blind, but it's the best platform
for secure data-intensive applications. Why should we bust our asses
reinventing z/OS capabilities on Linux (or any other platform) and at
the same time, why reinvent Linux on z/OS? Both have a role to play.
They already work well together and together they are significantly
greater than the sum of their parts.

CC