Hello,

We currently have a product that captures data from SYSOUT files of both JES2
and JES3 so by using SAPI we pick up the 3 JES data-sets JESMSGLG, JESJCL and
JESYSMSG. We now need to capture also the original input JCL (data-set
JESJCLIN) using the same method or as similar as possible. Keep in mind that in
SAPI we carry out a search based on arguments such as form, class etc. but we
do NOT have the job name or number at that point.
Can SAPI be used for that ? We found that we could use a different interface
for that (SDSB), but do we need to use it in addition to SAPI or can we do the
whole thing (all data-sets) using SDSB ? We have already done a substantial
migration from SSOB to SAPI (SSS2) and would like to avoid something like a
SAPI search to get job name and number and based on that, make a request to
SDSB.

Thank you,

Jonathan Eshel
RSD S.A.