>We are (finally) looking at the possibilities of moving up on COBOL from OS/VS
>with Report Writer and from  COBOL II to the new COBOL 4.2 with Report Writer.
>I would like to hear from folks who have already made that journey, especially
>about any specific things that went well - or didn't.

>I'm thinking that there must be a COBOL list out there somewhere  as well,
>maybe
>more than one.  Can anyone tell me its address and the process to subscribe?

I have not heard of such a thing.  You can ask questions at the COBOL Cafe:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/community/cafe/cobol.html

Migration is really not too tough from VS COBOL II to Enterprise COBOL, the
compilers are similar.  For moving OS/VS COBOL programs to Enterprise
many changes might be necessary, that is why IBM has a tool CCCA to do it
automatically.  There are other vendors with such tools as well.

We have added every problem every encountered in COBOL migration into
our COBOL Migration Guide, it is truly an excellent manual!
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/cobol/zos/library/

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<