On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:02:36 -0500 Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

:>>However LIBDEF for ISPLLIB usually doesn't work because it does not
:>>support the use of LINK, LOAD,  ATTACH or XCTL.

:>I was given the following information some time ago by the ISPF team:

:>An ISPF application that needs their LINKs, LOADs, ATTACHes and XCTLs to
:>search the ISPLLIB should be started via SELECT CMD(youprog) rather than
:>SELECT PGM(yourprog).  With the CMD approach, the program runs with a
:>TASKLIB of ISPLLIB and any LINKs, LOADs, and XCTLs done under that task
:>will thus search ISPLLIB.

There are two ISPLLIBs in this context. The DDNAME ISPLLIB when ISPF starts
and the LIBDEF ISPLLIB.

The DDNAME is always a TASKLIB and will be searched for LOAD, ATTACH, LINK,
etc.

The LIBDEF is NOT a TASKLIB unless SELECT CMD is used, and is then available
for LOAD, ATTACH, LINK, etc. If SELECT PGM is used, the only documented was to
determine the library is by using  QLIBDEF and building the DCB, etc. You can
use SELECT PGM to LINK to another program as well.

http://www.dissensoftware.com