On 1/5/06, David Alcock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Short answer is that the primary subsystem (for JES2) must be
> named JES2
>
> Someone may have already mentioned this but when JES2 and JES3
> initialize, they mark their SSCT entry that the subsystem is
> either JES2 or JES3 in the SSCTSSID byte.   So if you are
> looking for the JES2 subsystem, you traverse the SSCT entries
> doing this:
>
>   CLI SSCTSSID-SSCT(Rx),SSCTJES2
>
> So the subsystem name can be anything you desire.  Personally,
> I'd rather JES2 be a STC/proc named JES2.

Really appreciate all your kind reply.I would present my understanding
of JES2 definition at this time and maybe someone can point my errors.

Say,in IEFSSNXX parmlib memeber,you define a subsystem :

SUBSYS SUBNAME(ABCD)
  PRIMARY(YES) START(NO)

>From these statements,system just know that you define 'ABCD' as
the primary subsystem and you want to start it by yourself-----And system
doesn't know anything else.

And  you create a procedure which start the real  'JES2' but you name it
'TTTT'.

Then in COMMNDXX or somewhere else,you issue :

S TTTT, JOBNAME=ABCD,SUB=MSTR

The 'TTTT' procedure starts the real 'JES2' and because system
finds that its jobname equals the primary subsystem name in
IEFSSNXX ,JES2 can be successfuly started.The only difference is
that in this sytem there is no subsystem named 'JES2'.You can find
'ABCD' only,though in fact it's just the JES2.

Despite of the fact that it works,it's not recommended to do so for:

1,It leads to misunderstanding.
2,Other software may assume that the name of JES2 subsytem is
always 'JES2'.You need to do some adjustments to make them work
properly.

Above is how I understand JES2 definition now.Did I omit something?

Thank you all.
Johnny