From: "Staller, Allan" <allan.stal...@kbmg.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 11:40:36 AM
Subject: Re: DATACLASS NOT BEING RESPECTED

The big question is are your tapes SMS managed?

If so, is the dataclas being applied to this tape?

Otherwise, check your settings for dynamic volume count.

I believe that all will be OK if you code the vol count in JCL (last resort).

HTH,

<snip>
I am trying to solve the following puzzle.  Some batch jobs which execute are
being directed to a VSM.  However they abend when the default vol count limit
of  5 have been reached - s837-08.  I added a vol count of 20 in the default
DATACLAS VIRT however for some reason the DATACLAS value is not being respected.
Is this because the dsns are NOT SMS managed?  Is there a work around it or do
I need to have the VOL COUNT default values changed at the system level?
</snip>