On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 16:46:38 -0500, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>Has anyone written a tool that could help in reoncilling all of my CA Keys.
>
>For example I have 2 Physical Boxes.  Running 6 Lpars.
>
>However, CA Keys do not seem to match.  I need a pair of keys, one for each
>box.
>
>So rather than doing IEIBALL, is there any tool that would help me validate
>the Prod_Key, CPU
>
>I can write a Rexx but thought if someone had something to share, that would
>be great.
>
>Lizette

See the LMPREXXX edit maco on my web site:

/* REXX */
/*                                       */
/* AUTHOR: Mark Zelden                   */
/*                                       */
/*********************************************************************/
/* LMPREXX:                                                          */
/*                                                                   */
/* This edit macro will do the following:                            */
/*                                                                   */
/* 1) Create a KEYSOLD member from the member being edited.          */
/* 2) Append keys from the KEYSNEW member into member being edited.  */
/* 3) Check for duplicates and only keep the more current one.       */
/* 4) Write the duplicates to the KEYSDUP member.                    */
/* 5) Write expired keys to the KEYSDUP member. Expired keys are     */
/*    also removed from the original file, but can optionally be     */
/*    kept if the "KEEPEXP" parameter is used at invocation.         */
/*                                                                   */
/*  Duplicate keys are defined as keys that have the same PROD(nn)   */
/*  code and the same last 4 characters of the CPU serial number.    */
/*                                                                   */
/* NOTE:  This macro will not automatically save the data being      */
/*        edited.  However, since the data will most likely          */
/*        be changed the data will be saved if you type END or       */
/*        use the END PFK. This also depends on your profile         */
/*        settings for AUTOSAVE.                                     */
/*********************************************************************/
/* The KEYS for the member being edited and the keys in the KEYSNEW  */
/* member must start in column 1 and look similar to this:           */
/*                                                                   */
/* Prod(nn) Date(ddmthyy) CPU(nnnn-nnn /ssssss) LMPCODE(...          */
/* Execution Syntax:                                                 */
/*  LMPREXX            (delete dups and expired keys)                */
/*  LMPREXX KEEPEXP    (delete dups but keep expired keys)           */

mailto:m...@mzelden.com