I do not know if its changed but...
At one time I asked IBM to get me subscribed to the system journal.
They were sort of reticent but did so for one year I got it.
The next year they said no.
From then on they got no IBM recommendations from me. I also made it plain that if and when they changed their mind I would again start recommending IBM software (they lost DFSORT for this and other reasons). Frankly after reading it for a couple of years there were very few interesting articles (to me) although there to be honest there was one article out of twenty (or so) that were interesting. I came to the conclusion that (at least the during the time that I was reading it) it was more about hardware and very little about software. I think they really tightened the audience for some reason but cannot say for sure.

Ed

On Jan 31, 2012, at 7:46 AM, Meral Temel (Garanti Teknoloji) wrote:

Students can get them via university membership, mainframe customers can communicate with IBM representatives in order to get them.
Best Regards
Meral

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 3:21 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [IBM-MAIN] IBM Research z196 Papers

On 1/31/2012 6:06 AM, Meral Temel wrote:
To colleagues and students who are interested in,
IBM Research published z196 papers in their current issue which is entitled `IBM zEnterprise Systems And Technology'.

http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/

Best Regards,
Meral.

Looks interesting. But individual articles are $30 for
non-IEEE members and $20 for IEEE members. Am I reading
that right?

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
   + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
     for training dollars at
   http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html

This message and attachments are confidential and intended solely for the individual(s) stated in this message. If you received this message although you are not the addressee, you are responsible to keep the message confidential. The sender has no responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of the information in the message and its attachments. Our company shall have no liability for any changes or late receiving, loss of integrity and confidentiality, viruses and any damages caused in anyway to your computer system.

Bu mesaj ve ekleri, mesajda gonderildigi belirtilen kisi/kisilere ozeldir ve gizlidir. Bu mesajin muhatabi olmamaniza ragmen tarafiniza ulasmis olmasi halinde mesaj iceriginin gizliligi ve bu gizlilik yukumlulugune uyulmasi zorunlulugu tarafiniz icin de soz konusudur. Mesaj ve eklerinde yer alan bilgilerin dogrulugu ve guncelligi konusunda gonderenin ya da sirketimizin herhangi bir sorumlulugu bulunmamaktadir. Sirketimiz mesajin ve bilgilerinin size degisiklige ugrayarak veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun ve gizliliginin korunamamasindan, virus icermesinden ve bilgisayar sisteminize verebilecegi herhangi bir zarardan sorumlu tutulamaz.