Cross Posting to IBM Main and TSO-REXX groups

> > Hi List,
> >
> > I'm installing a product in a client and when I invoked the primary
> > panel
> of the
> > installation, one of the selections don't do anything when I select it
> with an 's'.
> >
> > I have test it in my systems and functions, so, I think there is
> > something
> trhough their
> > logon procedures that is causing the problem, but I cannot determine it.
> >
> > I want to debug the TSO navigation, I see once how to activate a trace
> online with a
> > TSO command, do you know what is?
> >
> > If you have any other suggestions will be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks and regards,
> >
> > --
> > Un saludo.
> > Álvaro Guirao
> >

> Alvaro -
>
> First, I think the ISPF Newsgroup may be better.  If you have not joined,
you can go
> here ISPF discussion list <isp...@listserv.nd.edu>
>
> Internet ISPF Discussions
>
> Lively discussions of ISPF-related matters are held regularly on the
Internet. Check into
> the ISPF-L discussion list to hear the latest questions and answers from
customers
> around the world. (This is not an IBM-maintained forum, and IBM
participates in the
> discussion list on an informal basis.) Subscribe to the ISPF discussion
list

> To subscribe to the discussion list, create a file where the subject and
the first line of
> the text are:
>
>         SUBSCRIBE ISPF-L yourname
>
> Send the file to the discussion list administration server:
>
>         lists...@listserv.nd.edu
>
> This will enable your subscription to the ISPF-L discussion list. For
further information
> about the discussion list, send a file with the HELP command, and listserv
will return all
> kinds of other administrative information.
>
> You will soon start getting e-mail from the discussion list. To append
your note to the
> list, direct your response to:
>
>         isp...@listserv.nd.edu
>

> Second - TSO is a native interface also indicated by word READY prompt.  I
think you
> mean trace in ISPF for an ISPF application.
>
> To trace ISPF there are a couple of options
>
> 1) Use the ISPF Trace function.  If you do not have a customized primary
panel then
> look for an option on the main panel option 7.  Here you can setup tracing
functions.
> The ISPF USER'S GUIDE Vol II will be helpful.
> 2) Startup ISPF with TRACE - this removes many trap functions.  If there
is an abend,
> you will get a dump.
> 3) Try using ISPVCALL (Enter TSO ISPVCALL on the command line to activate.
> Go into your application. When done, issue it again to unload the TRACE
> data)
>
> I use the ISPF Option 7 for most of my debugging requirements when
diagnosing ISPF
> applications.
>
> Hope this helps.  I am not aware of a manual dedicated to how to debug
ISPF
> applications.
>
> Lizette

Also, this link may help -
http://home.roadrunner.com/~pinncons/ISPF%20Tips%20and%20Free-for-All.pdf

This is a Share Presentation on ISPF Debugging.

Also, you could try removing the ISPF Profile member for that user.  The one
specific to that application.  If you do not know what it is, then
1)  Have the user logoff
2)  Rename the user's PROFILE datasets.  Allocate for the user a new PROFILE
dataset.
3)  Have the user Logon.

If the problem goes away, then it was in their Profile dataset.  If you know
the application name used by this process, just rename that member.  ISPF
will create a new default when either the PROFILE is new, or the application
does not find its Profile member.

Lizette