Thank you all for the valuable information.  John

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:17 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CICS vs IMS

That's not just a suggestion.  It's a requirement.  If you compile a CICS COBOL
program with DYNAM the compile and link (bind) may succeed, but the program
will not execute properly under CICS.  (Not sure I've actually ever tried it,
but I can't imagine any other result based on the documentation.) Frank