I used to do that on rare occasion. I then got told off by management. They
associated the volser to the storage group and did their reporting based on it.
So my mixing things up messed up their reports. I'm not allowed to do that any
more. We have offline volumes with a specific starting character. I will get
"dinged" if any dataset ever shows up on any volume with that character. All
"offline" volumes __must__ remain unused at all times. If I need space, even if
only for a few hours, I must request it.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group