Lloyd

>...> When we used PCP on the Model 40 with 64K.

Back in 1967/8, a colourful customer on the patch to which I belonged was
running PCP on a 64K machine and it may have been a 360/40. Our ace young
salesman had been responsible for this! IIRC this was considered the opposite
of the leading edge but it seemed to work for a while!

While we did have a customer - a university - genuinely at the leading edge
with a 360/67, I worked at the crowded lower end among the 360/30s running
DOS/360. My first responsibility was assisting a customer with the "free" time
converting from a 1400 system to a 360/30 with DOS/360.

> Then at night we ran the 1401 emulator to do the production runs.

If I ever knew I'd forgoten that the 360/40 also had a 1401 emulator just as
the 360/30 had.

> ... a model 1401 printer ...

This will have been one of the models of the 1403, the N1 model of which
extended the life of the marque well into the 360 era and beyond.

Chris Mason