In <1330694818.18459.yahoomai...@web180909.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>, on
03/02/2012
   at 05:26 AM, Lloyd Fuller <leful...@sbcglobal.net> said:

>I did not see the message that you are quoting below from Shmuel.  We
>were  running a printer from the spooler.  I thought that it was a
>model 1401 printer,

The 1401 was a computer; the printer on it was a 1403[1]. Different
model of the 1403 were available for S/360.

>I was a programmer and not an operator.  I know that the few times
>that we  needed more than the standard memory, we were told that
>they had to re-IPL  OS/360.

That would have been to use a different nucleus or different PARMLIB
memories.

>Nothing was said about a DEFINE command.

Because there is only one partiton in PCP.

[1] I don't recall whether it could also use a 1443 or whether
    that was restricted to the 1440.