On 3/4/2012 10:28 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
Speculative? Did you read what he quoted from Bill Fairchild's message?

Yes. I read it before he quoted it. We don't even know the person's name or how long ago this happened (if at all). A lot can change in a decade.

For the record, I once knew of a developer who claimed to have found an MVS back door because he wanted to appear cool like a phone phreaking hacker, but he was full of B.S. I also know someone that actually *did* find a back door (through an EXCP appendage) and IBM closed it.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc