I've got several DD statements in a proc that have only a single parameter,
PATH='long/path/name'

Because the path is long the statement will not fit on a single card image
(but the PATH parameter by itself will). So I coded

//MYDDNAME  DD
//  PATH='long/path/name'

No good. It turns out the JCL Reference means what it says when it says you
can break a JCL statement *after* any parameter (but not, apparently, before
any parameter!).

Putting an X in column 72 does not help. Putting a solo comma somewhere
after DD does not help. The JCL reference does not provide any guidance that
I could find. Google does not seem to know how to do this.

I'm sure I could wrestle with the rules for continuing quoted parameters,
but that makes an obscure, difficult to maintain mess IMHO.

Do any of you more experienced JCL jockeys know a simple trick for getting
around this problem? Is there some DD parameter that I should code as a
"no-op" on the first line?

Thanks all.

Charles