You might also consider using Co:Z SFTP along with Ported Tools OpenSSH,
since only z/OS Unix files are supported in the the SFTP that comes with
Ported Tools OpenSSH.

http://dovetail.com/products/sftp.html

Co:Z SFTP is free to download and use; commercial license and support
contracts are also available.

with Co:Z SFTP, your remote SSH/SFTP client could:

- upload and download z/OS datasets or Unix files
- submit jobs
- get job output
- everything would be secure and encrypted on a single SSH socket (no
firewall hassles like FTP)

Any SSH/SFTP client would work, including OpenSSH, a Java SSH/SFTP client,
etc

Regards,

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies