On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:33:41 +0530, jagadishan perumal <jagadish...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently I have installed the EXIT IEFU29 in our test bed to automatically
>start an IFASMFDP job every time the SMF data set is switched, But I have
>clarification if it is possible to stop the EXIT invocation when there is
>need to analyze the SMF Record dataset ?

I have no idea what you mean by "need to analyze the SMF Record
dataset".   Do you mean to look at the VSAM MANx data sets?  There
should be no need to ever do this.  If you want to look at the records
themselves, issue an "I SMF", let the exit start a dump, and examine
the output data set.

But to answer your question:  You could use dynamic exits to replace
IEFU29 with a "IEFBR14" like the dummy exit that comes with the OS.
The easiest way is to simply remove IEFU29 from the list of exits taken
in your SMFPRMxx and do a "SET SMF=xx" command to change
the options.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com