From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Robert Heffner
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: SMPE Internet Service Retrieval

We are finally being allowed to use Internet Service Retrieval for downloading
our software and service, and I have a general question to those who have been
using it.  I have done several downloads of Shopz orders using RECEIVE
FROMNETWORK, and I notice that it is very slow.  An order of about 770 MB in
size took two hours to download.  If I had downloaded it to my laptop using
Download Director, it would have taken less than 10 minutes, and the upload to
the mainframe would have been just as quick.  I can't get the network group to
look at it, and I don't know what routers, firewalls, etc are involved in this.

My question is:  is Internet Service Retrieval this slow for everybody?

Thanks -- Bob Heffner

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.