On 27 March 2012 11:06, Greg Dorner <gdor...@wpsic.com> wrote:

> Our auditors are insisting that we install a product that protects against
> malicious software (viruses, worms, trojans, etc.).

But have they asked you about the powerful and dangerous AMASPZAP yet?
They aren't Real Auditors until they confront you about that.

> Does anyone know of a product that does this? I heard that McAfee is coming
> out with a z/OS product "later this year", but I called them and they had no
> idea what I was talking about.

One approach is to play stupid the whole way.

Malicious software - what is that? Virus? Worm? Trojan? No, I am not
aware of any such thing. Could you please give an example of what you
are talking about? Ah - you suggest general protection against not yet
identified threats? In your wide experience of auditing other
companies, what product(s) to do this have you found most commonly in
use on z/OS? What is the performance impact of these products? Could
you direct me to some vendor-independent studies of their
price/performance? Etc, etc.

Tony H.