Group,

  We are running z/OS V1R12 and z/OS V1R13.  Currently we print to IP printers
using VPS.  However JES2 also does 3270 print to high-speed laser printers.
The request I was given is to limit print for both IP and 3270 printing.  It
was a small brain-storm but this is what we came up with:

  Opt 1).  Convert all print to IP print.  Then use VPS exits to work a
miracle.  Drawbacks?  The high-speed laser printers might not be as high speed.

  Opt 2).  New MVS spool only for this big stuff.  z/OS V1R13 supports a
secondary JES2 spool.  For z/OS V1R12 I think I would need a new LPAR to get a
new JES2 spool.  Drawbacks?  NJE would be used to send print from one spool to
the other using RACF userid security.

  Opt 3).  z/OS V1R13 also can select jobs to be printed based on the amount of
output to be printed in each job and direct the print jobs to appropriate
printers.  Drawbacks?  Looks like you have to use IP PrintWay to do this and we
don't have IP PrintWay.

  Some information came from the "z/OS Infoprint Server Introduction"
(S544-5742-11) - What's new in z/OS V1R13.

  Any comments?

   Thanks,  Dave

Dave Hansen
Eagan Software Systems Branch