Terri,

I see both "config" and "Configure" in openssl 0.9.8q

"config" is a shell script, that starts:

#!/bin/sh
#
# OpenSSL config: determine the operating system and run ./Configure
#
# "config -h" for usage information.

So, config is a front end to the Configure perl script.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com