My company is in the process of sun setting our MF.
We have about 40 TBytes of data under HSM control.
I have been tasked with the responsibility to pull the data and put it under
a Unix/Linux system as an archived data.
The only time we will need to reference it (without the MF) is in case some
of our users need to retrieve one of the files (not to update), just to look
at.
We are supposed to keep the data for up to 15 years.
Uriel

Uriel,

I think there are two options.

1)  Unload all the data from HSM into the original format and then FTP to a
Server.  Loadlibs maybe an issus.
2)  Contract with a 3rd party to be able to store your HSM data there for
access only.

I am unaware of any server product that could read Mainframe HSM data.

Lizette