Hi

For HFS I would not try with DESERV, but with "readdir"

On 4/20/2012 2:58 AM, Charles Mills wrote:
I need to be able to process for input all members of a PDS, PDSE, or HFS
folder. I need to process them individually - the order does not matter -
and not as one big concatenated file.

DESERV GET_ALL will get me the names if it's a PDS or PDSE (and I can take
it from there) but what about a USS (gasp!) folder? Does DESERV see it as a
PDS? The documentation doesn't say it does but a fellow can hope.

The main program is in C. Have I missed a library routine that will do this?

What about the old-fashioned PDS technique - emulated for PDSE - of reading
the directory of the PDS with BPAM and parsing the 256-byte directory
blocks? Does BPAM simulate that for an HFS folder like it simulates it for a
PDSE?

Any other good solutions to this problem?

Thanks,

Charles