>From :
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2M6C0/SPTB
B3351

RC148 An unidentified error occurred while VSAM was searching the
catalog.

Is there a FILE01 DD statement in you IDCAMS JCL? Does it point to the
correct volume/dsn?

>From :
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/FRAMESET/IEA2M7C0/S
PTDP02801

IEC161I RC32

Specific information for this return code: The catalog record for the
data set being processed was not found. During end-of-volume (EOV)
processing, the error can also occur if an additional volume is required
for a data set but the catalog contains no more volume records for the
data set.

For message IEC070I, the subfunction information field, if present,
might contain a decimal problem-determination code (reason code) for use
by the IBM Support Center in case further problem diagnosis is
necessary. The following table lists the reason codes for return code
032.

Is there a FILE01 DD statement in you IDCAMS JCL? Does it point to the
correct volume/dsn?

Please post the entire job stream

<snip>

Please advise what this message code means. The manuals are not very
informative. I try to verify a catalog, and this message is generated,
failing with RC=12. The error has something to do with the opening of
the catalog. The reason code is what I need to know.

COMMAND INPUT ===>
  VERIFY FILE(FILE01)
0IDC3300I  ERROR OPENING CATALOG.TSO.USERS
 IDC3351I ** VSAM OPEN RETURN CODE IS 148
0IDC3003I FUNCTION TERMINATED. CONDITION CODE IS 12
0
</snip>