On 4/27/2012 2:40 PM, Steve Comstock wrote:
But, Ed, it does have "DO FOREVER".

I like to joke "You gotta' love a language that does
not have a GOTO but does have a DO FOREVER"

LOL! Actually, DO FOREVER is _extremely_ useful. We have the same control structure in HLASM called DO INF (infinite).

So somehow you've combined the two in one exec! Very
strange behavior.

Do you have a local TSO command called 'goto'? When
REXX sees a command it does not know, it passes it
to the underlying host as a host command.

That's it, Steve! The name of my test EXEC is 'GOTO'. So, it was executing itself recursively! :-D

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc