Doesn't really say __how__ it works internally. The author simply says that, on
Fedora 17, it is truly "plug and play". He plugged it into a PC running Fedora
and he immediately saw a GDM login screen. He said performance was generally
good, except for some HD video from YouTube.

This is a "Kickstart" project, which means it isn't ready yet. From the
Kickstart page, it implies this is an all hardware solution using ASICs.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1666707630/plugable-thin-client-the-50-computer

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV