Hi,

I would be interested in having an off-line discussion with customers
who have responsibility for AIX support.  I am especially interested in
your experiences using phone support versus electronic support and if
you have paid to have an IBM account advocate.   Not in my portfolio but
I now have a peer in the same management chain who owns AIX and they do
not seem to have the quality of support we enjoy.  On z we normally do
our own triage and go to the Level-2 component opening PMR's
electronically.  I hear from the AIX folks that the response to queued
problems weather opened electronic or by phone is not as robust or
timely.  They need to pay for an account advocate to get moved to the
front of long queues and get better level-1 support.

This is an adjacent to IBM mainframes and z/OS in many shops so please
pardon the post but I am hoping to get answers from folks who have a
broader perspective than just Power AIX.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                System z Team Leader
                mailto:sknut...@geico.com <mailto:sknut...@geico.com>
                (office)  301.986.3574
                (cell) 301.996.1318

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.