and the dinosaurs are very hungry.

I need to migrate 50 Solaris servers to zLinux under z/VM on a z114 and
about the same number of Windows servers to zBx.

Does anyone have experience with this, some ideas?

Need a migration path.

Some questions:

Can z114 be upgraded to include zBx or must I upgrade to a z196 for that?
Can zBx be SYSPLEXed between 2 CECs?
If not, how do I eliminate the SPF, how do I do failover for the blade
servers?
How do I convert Solaris to zLInux under z/VM?  Solaris is not supported by
zBx.
Must I recompile the applications running under Solaris to run them under
zLinux?

--
George Henke
(C) 845 401 5614