From:   Mark Zelden <m...@mzelden.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   05/04/2012 01:55 PM
Subject:        Re: Old timer question
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

On Fri, 4 May 2012 13:48:16 -0700, Lizette Koehler
<stars...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>If it is setup in your shop, set blksize to 0 and let the system
determine block size figure it out.

>Lizette

Is there a way to not have it set up?   I do remember an MVS system long
ago
in a galaxy far far away where there was a JES2 exit that changed the
internal text from your JCL to have half track blocking for DASD.   But
BLKSIZE=0 has worked since...  well, for so long I don't even remember.
MVS/XA?  Or was it DFSMS V1 with MVS/ESA or MVS/XA 2.2.3?

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com