From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Buckton, T. (Theo)
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: VSAM RLS

Hi All,

In our shop the VSAM RLS functionality was enabled. SMSVSAM is running with
only DFHSM using this functionality. I need to convince the application and
CICS owners to consider using the RLS for their VSAM files.
Those who are already running with RLS for a while, what improvements have you
noticed, and what would you say the real benefits are? Also what problems have
you encountered with RLS.

I would appreciate your input here.

Regards
Theo

********************
Nedbank Limited Reg No 1951/000009/06. The following link displays the names of
the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm ] This email is
confidential and is intended for the addressee only.
The following link will take you to Nedbank's legal notice.
[ http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/EmailDisclaimer.htm ]

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.