On 5/29/2012 10:48 AM, Frank Yaeger wrote:
Zaromil at IBM Mainframe Discussion List<IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>  wrote on
05/29/2012 01:32:36 AM:
Before you post this, I have already found SPLICE example 8 in the
same publication and was also able to get the results I wanted. I
would never come to JOINKEYS myself.

If you're not familiar with DFSORT and DFSORT's ICETOOL, I'd suggest
reading through "z/OS DFSORT:  Getting Started".  It's an excellent
tutorial, with lots of examples, that will show you how to use
DFSORT, DFSORT's ICETOOL and DFSORT Symbols. It can introduce you
to the DFSORT and ICETOOL functions you may not know about. You can
access it online, along with all of the other DFSORT books, from:

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=114&uid=isg3T7000080

And then, for some intense, hands-on experiences, consider our
classroom based class, "Using DFSORT and ICETOOL", 4 days(!).
For more details, see:

  http://www.trainersfriend.com/JCL_courses/B625descrpt.htm

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html