On 06/05/2012 12:30 PM, Magnus Persson wrote:
Well, I tried it all, but still no luck.

It just won't work for me....

openssl doesn't work if the source
code character set is changed, there are several places
where openssl uses character constants
that must be in ascii. for example when extracting or
setting text from certificates, or hostnames in
a TLS servername indication.

one small example:

http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=1620

making openssl work with input/output files in
ebcdic or parameters in ebcdic is real work.

Some people have done this partially to get
some functionality to work. But as far as I know there
is no complete solution. And it cannot be easily
done automatically, some text constants must
be ascii, some may be the "external character set".
And there may be occurences of integers that
represent ascii characters etc.

have fun
Peter Sylvester