Hal,

> I believe that these sizes are actually negotiated with each appliance
> in the path.

You're confusing path MTU size with TCP window size.  The receiver's window
size is a reflection of his available buffer space.

Mauri, what is the value of TCPMAXRCVBUFRSIZE on the receiving stack?  This
will limit what is available for FTP.

See "Configuring PROFILE.TCPIP for FTP" at
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/f1a1b3a0/2.3.1.

Steven St.Jean
http://sdsusa.com