On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 07:42:19 -0400 Peter Relson <rel...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

:>It is not necessary have a data set ENQ'd exclusive to delete a member, as
:>evidenced by such functions as ISPF 3.1
:>
:>There is a protocol for deleting members that applications such as ISPF
:>use. I'm not positive just what that protocol is,  but it does not involve
:>getting the data set ENQ exclusive.
:>
:>On the other hand, FWIW, anyone who compresses using IEBCOPY with the data
:>set allocated DISP=SHR (not an exclusive ENQ) as opposed to DISP=OLD is
:>asking for trouble (and in many cases will indeed find trouble).

I thought there was a new abend for two jobs opening a pds for output at the
same time.

http://www.dissensoftware.com