As stated earlier, there is the mount command in FLEX-ES, which really
creates a path between the simulated I/O unit and the device or file (for
AWS tape):

mount 0590 /dev/rm/nt1 (memory goes vague here on the exact device name and
I'm too lazy to look it up)

If you have only one image running on the system, usually the startup script
will have the assignment.

The suggestion to join the FLEX-ES is an excellent one.  If you post this
exact message, there are a lot of people (including some of the brains
behind Funsoft) who can help.

Best regards,
Ray Mullins

--
M. Ray Mullins
Roseville, CA, USA

German is essentially a form of assembly language consisting entirely of far
calls heavily accented with throaty guttural sounds.

--ilvi

<snip>