-- snip --
Hello,
I am setting up environment for RLS. I started SMSVSAM (with
V SMS,SMSVSAM,ACTIVE), but now I have to restart it (had some security
problems), and I don't know how. I issued V SMS,SMSVSAM,ACTIVE again, since
the explanation of the command states that 'it restarts SMSVSAM address
space', so I expected it to shut it down and start again. There was no
response to this command. Then I tried V SMS,SMSVSAM,TERMINATESERVER, got
the message
*IGW572I REQUEST TO TERMINATE SMSVSAM
 ADDRESS SPACE IS ACCEPTED:
 SMSVSAM SERVER TERMINATION SCHEDULED.
Nothing happened after that command, SMSVSAM is still active.

-- snip --

If TERMINATESERVER didn't work, you may need to issue FORCE,ARM or FORCE
(at your own risk of course).

Are there any outstanding messages?

Are you up-to-date on maintenance? I got hit by some SMSVSAM issues in
termination that have since been fixed by IBM.

John