>>We are trying to restrict the execution of certain programs by LPAR so
we
>>can just license them by processor.  The one in particular we are
looking
>>at is COBOL. By limiting COBOL compiles to one Development LPAR.  Does
>>anyone know of any software that can be used to do this?

>RACF cannot do this conditioning based on LPAR.

Protect access to the compiler by using the "WHEN(SYSID(xxxxxxxx)..."
RACF parameter. Yes, RACF does support this. See the RACF
Administrator's Guide. If you want to get fancy, establish a Scheduling
Environment to allow easy access to the compiler. This solution is easy
and it's free.

Bob Shannon
Rocket Software