Andy,

You can recover and rename datasets directly from the ABARS backup
dataset.  I would refer you to the HSM Implementation and Customization
Guide and the DSS Storage Administration Reference.

//**********************************************************************
//* RESTORE FILE(S) FROM ABACKUP DATA FILE
//* SEE INDIVIDUAL DATA SET RESTORE WITH ABARS DFSMSDSS DATA FILE IN
//* THE DFSMSHSM IMPLEMENTATION AND CUSTOMIZATION GUIDE UNDER THE
//* SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS CHAPTER
//**********************************************************************
//JS010    EXEC  PGM=ADRDSSU
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//TAPE1    DD DISP=OLD,DSN=HSM.APPL01.D.C01V0052,
//            UNIT=3590E,
//            VOL=SER=C63981,
//            LABEL=(01,SL)
//*           LABEL=(,BLP,,IN,EXPDT=98000)

//SYSIN    DD  *
  RESTORE  DATASET(INCLUDE(          -
         PGMJPE.**                          -
            )) -
     RENAMEU(**,PGMABM.PGMJPE.**) -
     INDD(TAPE1) -
     CATALOG     -
     SPHERE      -
     ADMIN       -
     IMPORT

Terry Traylor
charlesSCHWAB
TIS Mainframe Storage Management
Remedy Queue: tis-mfs-storage
(602) 977-5154
WARNING:  All email sent to or from this address will be received by the
Charles Schwab corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival and
review by someone other than the recipient.