Radoslaw:

*BEFORE* changing devicetype for an Adabas database, be very sure that you
run (or someone else has run) the Adabas verification utilities, ADAACK,
ADADCK, ADAICK -- **and** that any and all errors are corrected/eliminated.

I *still* wish I had done that myself 10 years and 28 days ago.

That was with Adabas v5; most customers are running v7 now.  YMMV.