In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on
03/13/2006
   at 05:27 PM, Johnny Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>Then sunddently I think of the 'tso sdsf' .It seems 'sdsf' should be
>a TSO command,but after searching TSO command reference, I'm
>bewilered.There is no tso command named 'sdsf'.

The TSO Commands Reference documents only TSO commands that are part
of TSO/E, and not even all of them. It does not document commands that
are part of other components.

>Then sunddently I think of the 'tso sdsf' .It seems 'sdsf' should be
>a TSO command

SDSF is not part of TSO/E. The SDSF command is documented in the SDSF
manuals, just as the RACF commands are documented in the RACF manuals.

>Also I noticed one thing on our site:When invoking SDSF via panel
>IBM supplied(in fact,it use the format of select pgm....),the SDSF
>panel has menu .However,using 'tso sdsf',you'll just get a SDSF
>panel without menu.

That's because the ISPF command "TSO" is intended for running commands
outside the control of ISPF. If you want to execute a command under
ISPF control then  you must use SELECT CMD().

>So,can anyone tell me about what happens when issuing 'tso sdsf' in
>ISPF command line?

You get SDSF running as a TSO command. Check the SDSF documentation
for details.