Jon,

One shop I was at we dumped SYSLOG every night at midnight to a DASD GDG. Then
every week we used JOBTRAC (job scheduling product) to pickup the weeks work of
GDGs and wrote a weekly GDG to DASD.  Then we used Jobtrac to pick up the
Weeklies and make a monthly tape.

You can do something similar using SDSF Batch and a job scheduling product.  It
will not be pretty (Probably need a REXX or other program in the middle to
determine the correct SYSLOG data set) but it can be done.

If they just want 3 months worth of Syslog in a contigious group you can used
the daily SYSLOG offload to a GDG that is mod'ed onto the end for 3 months.
then create a new GDG.

Lizette Koehler