We were early users of XRC circa 1998. In our first few tests, we had
lingering problems because, with mirrored CFRM data set, the newly IPLed
systems could never get over the loss of the two CFs left back in the
smoking hole. They were convinced that some magic would bring the lost CFs
back to life. I put the problem to Curt Jews at SHARE--in SCIDS of
course--and he recommended *not* to mirror the CFRM data set. Voila.

The crux is to IPL the first system with an empty, freshly formatted CFRM
data set. There is now no trace of the lost CFs ever having been in use.
They can still be in the (composite) CFRM policy, but now they're simply
unreachable in DR just as the DR CFs are unreachable in production. No
more problem. Paolo is right.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 03/08/2006
06:58:16 AM:

> Pat,
>
> believe me or not... there's no way to restart a Parallel Sysplex on a
D/R