From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Dean Montevago
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 7:42 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Encryption & SMS

Hi,

I received a note mentioning a vendor is developing an encryptrion
product. They mentioned in the note: " The OPEN intercept will still
need to check the SMS ACS to determine which encryption method to use."
My question is what is the diffenece between an encryption routine for
SMS -vs- non-SMS. Is this product specific or does it have to do with
SMS itself ?

TIA
Dean