We originally tried SFTP (SSH FTP) but ended up using FTPS (FTP TSL/SSL) instead.

SSH FTP can only access files in a HFS/ZFS, no "real mvs files", FTP TSL/SSL can access all files no matter where they live. As 99.99999% of all the files we process are "mvs files" we found it made our life easier. We also found it easier to automate, as we already were using the FTP SMF exit to issue WTO for NetView to see when transmissions ended.

McGee, Cletus wrote:
We are exploring our options to meet a requirement to do a secure FTP
from the Mainframe. I was wondering what others have done in this area.
Any product suggestions or methodologies to accomplish this?
Thanks

Cletus McGee

Technical Services

(334) 394-3320