On Mar 13, 2006, at 8:10 PM, James Smith wrote:

Ed

I actually agree with parts of your argument but as an outsider you lose a lot of credibility with your constant negative ranting about SHARE. Was it not you who told a poster to refrain from constantly reminding us of his ex-wife? Perhaps you should heed your own advice and substitute 'ex-wife'
for 'SHARE'.  Put it behind you and move on.

Huh??????? That went overboard there. No where did I say anything bad about SHARE, if I did say anything bad, I apologize. IIRC my comments were directed at IBM not about SHARE. I won't rehash the comments but will say that IBM (in general) is forgetting the average Joe (or Jill) sysprog. It is they that man the fort against the daily onslaught of telephone calls from programmers & operators and yes managers. They seem to forget its not all about SHARE but the rest of the 99+ percent who don't get to SHARE. If that is saying something bad about SHARE, sorry I plead not guilty. Is the implication that SHARE is doing something wrong, no, because it is IBM's responsibility to communicate the right information to everyone. In the "old" days the account rep/SE/PSR/CE had the job and it worked sort of OK. Was it efficient? No probably not. But at our account it worked well.

IBM (IMO) has lost touch and is trying to get back to 20 years ago. They probably won''t succeed. This red flash thing is an attempt and it is a step in the right direction, they (IBM) just need to get the word out a lot better.

IBMLINK is a step in the right direction. Although its mainly aimed at sysprogs, I won't even try and guess how many sysprogs don't have access. I still don't see what is wrong with enhanced holddata. Of course that doesn't do 100 percent either as some sysprogs and other types that need the information never see SMP/e.

EMAIL is not an answer either as I do know sysprogs that do not have email (those lucky guys). If anyone else can come up with a suggestion, please share (no pun intended).

Ed